You can access your Arris router, log in to the administrative page and secure your wireless network. There can be many reason for doing so, accessing and configuration of settings or for resolving some issue. Arris routers provides you with an Wi-Fi access point. They also come with USB ports for printers and drives so that you do not have to make any cross connections to do the job. You can simply access all those things from the router directly for internet services. Since most of the devices these days do require an internet connection to work, these features in routers come in handy where you can connect your other devices either through the cable or wirelessly. These functions do need access, so here are the steps for Arris modem login. First you need to connect your modem and the router through an Ethernet cable. Then, connect an internet device. Fox example, computer to the router through WAN connection. Then, follow the steps mentioned below.
Steps to log into Arris router:
- Open the web browser and type 192.168.0.1.
- Now, enter your Arris router username and password to access router remotely.
- In case you haven’t changed, default username and password are, username: admin, password: password.
- This will direct you to the Arris router settings page.
- You can click on Wi-Fi and change the username and password of the router.
- Make other modifications in the settings and click on save to apply the changes.
You can select your network on the Arris router app. On the official website, go to settings. Select advanced settings. Under more options, select port forwarding. Now, select add port forward. Sometimes you might encounter Arris modem port forwarding not working. It is unable to set a port forward for a device that is using static IP. Here is a simple solution on how to fix it. In this case, remove the static IP in the gateway admin tool and then try forwarding it. You should now be able to forward the router port.
If you face any error with the router, you can fix the problem through Arris modem troubleshooting. Follow the steps mentioned below.
Common troubleshooting steps to fix Arris router issues:
- Make sure that the router is placed on a smooth surface.
- Perform the power cycle and reboot the router.
- Check all the plugs and wires for any faulty connection.
If the router still doesn’t work properly, reset the router back to factory default settings. Let’s see, how to reset Arris router. The easiest way to perform the hard reset on Arris router is through the reset button located at the back of the router. Press and hold the reset button for a few seconds. Release the button when you see the lights on the router are stable. The router will be set back to default settings.